Saturday, December 20, 2008

Anne-Francoise Couloumy


Le Cafe New Yorkais

Couloumy was born in Paris in 1961 and was educated at the Ecole National Superieure des Arts Decoratifs. She's enjoyed much success and has sold out shows in Paris, London and New York. She really reminds me of Vermeer and Hammershoi for her interior subject matter, the light and shadow and intricate details. There is a stillness and quiet and even a sense of loneliness that seems to be present in all of the paintings I've seen... which really reminds me of Hopper. Visit her website here.

4 comments:

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Hi Brenda, This is really a wonderful post. Thank you for introducing me to this wonderful contemporary artist. I have bookmarked her website. Liz

artslice said...

Hi Liz,
You are welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I really like her work and it's always fun to find current artists. Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
~Brenda

Unknown said...

i'loved to website this is very very nice
obat penghilang cegukan terus menerus tradisional

Unknown said...

Articles were very nice and good enough to be listened to or visit.
cara alami menyembuhkan atresia bilier