Monday, December 1, 2008

Interior of the Grand Bouillon, Restaurant du Chalet, F549. Paris, 1887. 21 3/4 x 25 5/8". Private collection.
Interior of a Restaurant, F342. Paris, 1887. Oil on canvas 18 1/8 x 22 1/2". Museum Kroller-Muller, Otterlo.
"I hope I shall be able to make some drawings in which there is something human." - Vincent van Gogh.
I have a personal love for interior scenes - they give a sense of daily life and what it may feel like to have lived in a certain place and time. For me, they can be a vehicle of time travel - if you will... depending how long I gaze at a painting. It's funny how many interior scenes are timeless except for the differences in clothing fashions.

2 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

I like both of these. Very pleasant colors and subject matter.

Thanks for stopping by my place. Your blog is artsy and so lovely. I must pop over and check out your other blog...

artslice said...

Hi Willow -
Thanks so much...I think these 2 images are not nearly as common as most of his paintings. I really enjoy your blog and am so happy you dropped by!
~Brenda